This post is added to help you set-up IMAP on Outlook using the most common methods. If it does not work for you we are unable to provide support for third-party hardware or software and you will need to contact your support provider for additional help.
To Create an Outlook 2007 IMAP account:
- Go to Tools and Account Settings – below the E-mail tab click New.
- Choose E-mail Service: Click on the “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP” radio button
- Click the “manually configure server settings or additional server types” check box this will automatically enter in all of the required fields – click next.
- Click on the Internet E-mail bubble – click next.
- Enter the following information:
- Your Name: <Display Name you want to use, i.e., Joe Smith>
- Email address: <Full email address, i.e., email@example.com>
- Incoming Server: <Contact your ISP or Hosting Company for this setting, i.e., mail.example.com>
- Outgoing Mail server: <Contact your ISP or Hosting Company for this setting, i.e., mail.example.com>
- User name: <Full email address, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Password: <Your email account password>
- If your mail server requires SMTP Authentication, follow these steps. If you are not sure if your mail server requires SMTP Authentication, please contact your hosting company or ISP.
- Click on More Settings
- Navigate to “Outgoing Server” Tab
- Check “My Outgoing Server requires SMTP Authentication”
- Click OK
- Click on Next
- Click on Finish.